As a university student, you are supposed to give an analytical synopsis of the significant literature published on the topic you handling. If your audiences do not understand what your topic is all about, your purpose is instructional. If your audience understands your subject more than you do, your purpose will be demonstrating familiarity, proficiency, and intelligence with the topic. You can read through some of the things you are expected to do when writing your literature review.
- Put someone’s original work in the perspective of existing literature
- Construe all the major matters that surround your topic.
- Designate the correlation of every work to the others under consideration
- Come up with new ways to interpret, and shed light on any gaps in earlier research
- Resolve skirmishes among former studies that seem contradictory
- Point out which literature makes a significant contribution to the understanding of your topic
- Show the way to further research on your topic
Content of the literature review
Note that a literature review must be perfectly organized and all your concepts must flow logically from one point to another. Make sure all your reference and sources are current and relevant, cited correctly according to your field of study. Present all your terminology and viewpoints on the topic in an impartial and comprehensive manner. Ensure that the following content is included in your literature review.
- Give an overview of the topic, ideas or philosophy under contemplation
- Split outside works into categories and ideas. The ideas should be either in support or a specific position.
- Try to connect the works to what has been presented before your work and ideas
- Give compelling conclusion concerning those works that contribute a lot to the understanding and development of your subject
When evaluating whether to incorporate each work in your thesis literature review, it’s good to consider the following aspects.
- Make sure you know all the author’s qualification¬¬s and credentials that have allowed him/her to make that judgment
- Find out if the perspective of the author is biased or even-handed
- Find out if the thesis of this author is convincing
While writing a literature review, your conversion between ideas analyzes, synthesize and assess these outside viewpoints, and don’t just translate or summarize the ideas.
The manner in which you present your proof or material in literature review must indicate that you are:
- Picking and citing only the most applicable material for your subject and argument
- Making sense of the quotation in the context of your argument
- Presenting and integrating only relevant citations into your literature review
- Concentrating on the language of citations and interpretations
Situate your research in a larger narrative with the help of citations. The thorough usage of quotations will reflect your decision to provide a deeper emphasis to either the reported writer or the message itself.
Note that your concepts must be at the center of your writing, but your work should be entrenched in what has come before to exhibit its relevance and significance to the subject. A good literature review should connect your concepts to the ideas in your area of study. In case you’re facing challenges developing coherent and original content for literature review, feel free to ask for help to write my literature review for me from expert literature review writers.